Real Milk Paint Co's Pure Tung Oil is a hard drying wood oil that provides a lustrous and beautiful finish. It resists marring, penetrates well, and is environmentally friendly. Our tung oil is 100% pure and of the highest quality you’ll find. It’s all-natural, food safe, and creates a matte finish.
Contains zero heavy metals, additives, or distillates. Will not build a gloss finish or heavy finish but will penetrate deeply into the wood to enhance character and water resistance while creating a great wood finish.
Excellent for use on wood counter tops, bowls, butcher blocks, cutting boards, chopping blocks, outdoor furniture, decks, wood siding, wood flooring, concrete, brick and just about any porous surface that needs an environmentally friendly product.
- Zero VOC’s
- Best Available, Grade 1 yellow
- Cures by oxidation, not evaporation
- Does not form a glossy finish no matter the number of coats
- Forms a flexible waterproof finish
- Resists abrasion and acids
- Does not blister and peel
- Does not mold like linseed oil
- Long shelf life (will last for years, properly sealed)
- Does not darken with time like linseed oil
- Concentrated (thin one to one, doubles the coverage)
- FDA approved for food contact
- Does not go rancid
- 7 to 10 days partial cure, 15 to 30 days full cure
- 8 oz. covers 25 sq. feet
- 16 oz. covers 50 sq. feet
- 32 oz. covers 100 sq. feet
- Gallon covers 400 sq. feet
- Example: One Gallon would cover 400 sq. feet one time.
This is coverage for the oil only and not diluted with any Citrus Solvent, Pine Oil, or any other thinner. Thinning the oil will increase its coverage as well as enhance is saturation abilities.